About Greater Fredericton
Ideally situated within easy driving distance to Montreal and Boston, Greater Fredericton is a picturesque, family-friendly and pristine community with a sophisticated commercial environment, entrepreneurial spirit, and world-class education and research facilities.
Located on one of the most impressive river systems in North America (the Saint John River), the Greater Fredericton Region offers a lifestyle that is healthy, attractive, culturally-diverse, innovative, environmentally-friendly, and welcoming.
The City of Fredericton has more businesses per capita than any other city in Canada.
- With two top-ranked universities (University of New Brunswick and St. Thomas University), the National Research Council’s institute for e-business, community colleges, multiple private training institutes, and the largest army training base in the Commonwealth (CFB Gagetown Combat Training Centre), Greater Fredericton has one of the most highly-educated workforces in Canada.
- Low property taxes, pro-business local and provincial governments, an efficient and low-cost energy sector (NB Power), and advanced telecommunications infrastructure mean that Greater Fredericton has one of the lowest costs of doing business in eastern North America.
- Greater Fredericton’s skilled and multi-lingual workforce allow our businesses to operate efficiently and effectively on the global market.
- Located within an hour’s drive of the US border, I-95 and Canada’s third largest seaport (the Port of Saint John), Greater Fredericton’s businesses have easy access to major international trade routes. Sophisticated and business-friendly transportation infrastructure provide a flexibly and cost-effective advantage for Greater Fredericton businesses.
- Greater Fredericton has some of the lowest housing costs in Canada. With an abundance of leisure opportunities, bilingual education system, a rich cultural history reflected in heritage architecture, and one of the lowest crime rates in Canada. Residents experience the Greater Fredericton advantage on a daily basis.
- Greater Fredericton teams with innovative and successful businesses. Research and development partnerships with government and educational institutions keep our businesses on the leading edge of their industries.
However, it is the people that make Greater Fredericton an amazing place to do business. With an existing labor pool of highly-skilled, educated and loyal workers, Greater Fredericton has a ready supply of the most important tools needed to hit the ground running. But more importantly, Greater Fredericton can attract and retain the type of people needed to promote continuous growth for your business. Fredericton's two major universities (St.Thomas University and University of New Brunswick) and colleges (New Brunswick Community College) provide a constant flow of young skilled graduates. Moreover, experienced skilled labor are not only attracted by the vibrant arts and culture community, pristine Victorian streetscapes or the natural beauty of the St. John River, but rather the safe and welcoming residential communities that surround our city.